Sunday, June 1, 2008

Review 1-04 (Travel): Visit the land of Parisienne!










In this time, I would like to share the story of my travel with you. The most recent travel was to France in 2007. I think that I could understand a little why Japanese people long for Paris. Let me introduce three main points of this travel. The first of them is architectures, the second is scenery of streets, and the last is foods.

Needless to say, European countries have many heritages and they venerate those old architectures. There are also a lot of heritages in France. For example, France is very famous for Versailles Palace, Eiffel Tower, and the triumphal arch. There are also various are museums and galleries, and I visited three of them, Louvre Museum, Musée d'Orsay and Musee de l'Orangerie. I could see Venus de Miro, Victoire de Samothrace and Leonard de Vinci's Monna Lisa in Louvre. These are so famous arts, but I had not thought I could really see them! There are arts of Claude Monet, Auguste Renoir, Paul Cézanne and Pablo Picasso in Orangerie. Arts of these artists can be seen in calendars. However, the architectures of museums are very impressive! Musée d'Orsay was an old station, and Louvre and Orangerie were Palaces before. I felt the dignity, which is not in recent cities in Japan. The most impressive architecture for me was Opéra national de Paris! It was really magnificent, and I got excited! There was its own mood, which is only there.

The second point is the scenery of streets, and I think this point fascinates Japanese. I found a florist’s on a street. I can not find a good expression, but it is stylish, isn't it? Even ceilings of the department stores are artistic! I think many Japanese people have a good image to Paris, which is stylish, fashionable, sophisticated, and so on, so these scenery of streets must please them and fit the image of Paris and France.

The last point is about foods. The meals of expensive restaurants may be delicious, but budget foods of small shops are very nice. I bought breads and sandwiches at the bakery named “PAUL” at the corner of the street many times. Besides, I would like to introduce macarrons as the specialty of France. They are very cute sweets, so your friends must be delighted with the souvenirs.

I really love to travel, and enjoyed this travel to France too. It was because I could visit the old architectures and streets. I think that to taste local foods is also the enjoyment of traveling. I hope that I will go abroad again someday! Please share the story of your travel with me!


[450 words ― total 8223 words]

5 comments:

miyo said...

Hi:D

I think your review is really easy to read, because you wrote the first point is, the second point is... like this.
That means, the construction of your essay is great.

Bye now!

mii said...

Hi, Kanako. I chose your blog as the most Informative essay. I could understand good point of France!

Ina said...

Hi, Kanako. I chose your essey sor the most informative essey. I love your opinion.

coco said...

Hi, jam. I chose your blog as Best title. I'm interested in France so I envy you! I want to go there someday!

chie said...

Hi, Kanako!! I chose your eaasy for "Most Interesting or Unusual" because I'm interested in France :-) Also your photo is so interesting! I want to go to France!!!