Monday, June 23, 2008

Experience Review: Japanese Teaching!

I had an experience to teach Japanese in a class. Of course, it was the first time for me. It had spend so many hours to prepare for the thirty minutes. I used cards with pictures or words, which are verbs in Japanese. Besides, I have to paste thin magnets on the back of each cards, so that I could put them on the blackboard. I also prepare the handouts for a reviews.

At first, I have to get students to review the conjugations of verbs, and I was to teach "―ています", which is the present progress form in Japanese. I think it is not easy even for Japanese people to conjugate verbs. In order to introduce the expression, I wrote letters and cut a paper.

I had practiced the thirty- minute class and made sure how to put cards on the blackboard and show them to students. One of my friends has accompanied and helped me. Thanks to the practice, I could manage to do the thirty-minute teaching.

Our teacher gave me some advice, and I felt that it became a good experience to me. I am not sure whether I will be a Japanese teacher, but I hope it will benefit me, when it is needed.

[208 words ― total 11613 words]

No comments: