Saturday, October 11, 2008

Essay: ~~ my second home ~~

I think I said that my favorite places are my own home and California in USA on this blog before. This time, I would like to focus on the places in California, where I enjoyed staying in this summer. Now, I am thinking of there as my second home. By the way, I know that I do not know that much about there, and ‘California’ has various, various aspects, and it is a so large land. I would like to share only my feeling about my favorite points.

First of all, I couple the name of California with the idea of the great ocean view and sky blue! I can never forget it! The state is on the west coast, and it touches the Pacific Ocean. Besides, the shorelines are different from those in Japan. Most of coastlines in Japan are much irregular. That’s why the beaches in CA are much wider that those in Japan, and we can get great views of Ocean from each beach with no obstruction. We can see a long, long horizon. I think I had not seen such a long one. It is much easier to tell the shape of the earth is round!

I visited the spots on the west coast, LA JOLLA, DEL MAR, OCEANSIDE and so on. There are so many surfers, though I did not try getting into the sea. My new friends love surfing and get in the sea many times a week. They say the sea is a special seat to see sunset. I want to try it someday. I really felt the beauty of the sunset, especially from the beach, although I did not enjoy the dawn. You see the reason? It is because that is the west coast. In other hands, people living on the east coast enjoy the beauty of sunrise. Anyway, the view of sunset from the beach is so special, and I can not help sighing. The second spot that I will bring you to is CORONADO. It is an island situated across the river(?) from San Diego, so we can see the view of San Diego! Especially, the night view is the best!

These two spots gave me the great impression, but the real reason why I feel it is like my second home is in the meeting with people. I stayed with a Japanese woman for a month, and she is just like family. She gave me many advices. Besides, new friends there are really warm, and I do not have to feel constraint. Do you see why I call this place ‘my second home’? Of course, with the word ‘home’, you mean a place you can go back to, don’t you? Then, I mean I am planning of going back there next year, because I promised with them. I am really glad to have such a place. When I arrive there, I am sure that I will say ‘I’m home’!

[493 words]

No comments: