Saturday, September 27, 2008

Website Review: Let's take in Fresh English!

Hi, everyone in the Foreign Languages Department! Are you trying hard to learn English? I know, of course, you are trying. How do you study English, then? Recently, I had been thinking about how to learn English, though that is just my intimate affair. I was anxious about my learning English, because some of my friends are to go study abroad next year, but I’m not. I found the good materials in the BBC’s web site, so I would like to introduce it this time.

BBC stands for British Broadcasting Corporation. My favorite point about this web site is that it has English learning program. There are so many sites just with English games on the Internet. This site also has many games for kids, but not only that. At the bottom of the page, it has a corner that “Explore the BBC”. You can choose a link, “Learning English” in it. If you click on it, it shows lists with many items, like “NEWS ENGLISH”, “QUIZZES AND EXAMS”, “GRAMMER & VOCABULARY”, and “BUSINESS ENGLISH”.

This time, I will recommend you to use the part of “GRAMMER & VOCABULARY”. You will find an item, “Pronunciation>>”. It has video with a native English speaker. She explained what the good pronunciation is and why we need to learn such a kind of pronunciation. Her British English is so nice and clear, and her advice becomes a good encouragement for us. It must be inducements to you to learn English and make your pronunciation better and clearer.

It will help you to learn modern and practical English! Besides, you might want to get knowledge about world news. You can also listen to the English news stories with video and audio. It makes it possible for you to learn how to express new things in English, that is, new coinages which are used in the modern world.

I am thinking of making use of this site too. We need to take in fresh English in order to communicate in this modern and global society. You agree with it, don’t you? I want to keep trying to make a progress in English like everyone. I will show the address of this web site below, so please check it out! You won’t regret it.

[380 words]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

6 comments:

Ina said...

Hi,
Your website review is great :)
I want to use this website!!
Do you use this site everyday?

Ayaka said...

Hello!
I'm Ayaka. I like this website because, it is good for me. I will try it:>
Your website review is good!
When did you find this website?

BIGBOSS said...

Cool!! Jam!! It's going to be pretty useful, huh? I will try to see this site.
So....are you good at “GRAMMER & VOCABULARY”?

nojomi said...

Hi, Jam!!

The BBC site you elected is good and it's one of way to build up our English skill.
It's nice idea,jam!

I'll try it to listen with natural speed.
I think it's difficult for me now, but I try!!

Chi-ka- said...

Hi!

Your review is good!

Do you think that your ability progress?

bye;9

JAM said...

Hi, guys! Thank you for your all comments!

Well, I found this site recently. I was thinking that I need listening materials, and I watched English news a little lately. It occured to access websites of ABC, BBC, PBS. I thought BBC's was good. It was just last week, so I haven't make any progress in English. Yes, I think I should use this everyday... I'll try as possible! I have liked grammar since my high school days, but I feel that I should do something to build vocabulary and improve my listening skill.