Thursday, September 4, 2008

Diary 10: Thu, August 28th

I went to a little adventure by myself in the afternoon. I got on a bus(BREEZE) for the first time. I knew where was the bus bound to, but I didn't know how much was the fare or whether I could get a transfer ticket. I had not been used to asking questions to people who I don't know. However, I encouraged myself, and I tried to ask in poor English. In cases like that, I always get nervous and lose English words. Only I can is put English words in front of people. But, I could barely communicate with bus drivers. Now, good for you, Jam! I think I need to say to myself. Ha ha!

After I got off the bus, I couldn't find the store I wanted to go. Then, an old woman came to me and said, "Are you lost?" She was really kind and told me where it was. Her help was really helpful for me. I felt, "I have to talk to foreign people, when I see them in Japan too." In a store, I wanted some bagels, but I couldn't find how to buy them. I asked a woman who was working there. She also explained in detail kindly. I want around two shopping centers and enjoyed shopping.

Asking a favor to someone makes me nervous and is difficult, but it is really important, right? I will be so glad if I can cultivate such a mental strength and bring it to my life in Japan.

[258 words]

No comments: