Thursday, September 4, 2008

Diary 15: Tue, September 2nd

I visited LA JOLLA again, but with my host mother this time. We went up to a hill and had a panorama. It was an excellent view point. LA JOLLA is said to be a high-grade resort. I could see San Diego far away and west coast. Every time I see the ocean in CA, I can have wide views, because here is the west coast of USA. How wide, how lovely! We had a dinner at WEST BUFFET. We ate too much!! I got really stuffed! It was good evening.



Today's notice


I had heard about the importance of carpooling in USA in the speaking class, and our teacher said there are lanes for people who carpool. Today, I found it! I saw it in a moment on a free way, a road sign said, 'EXPRESS LANES CARPOOLS ONLY'. Seeing is believing! Of course, I didn't doubt at all, but to see in my own eyes is really important and exciting! CARPOOL LANES are really there!

Besides, I knew that a person who violates the rule for carpool lanes will be fined. The amount of the fine I found was 341 dollars!

[196 words]

No comments: