Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Writing 3 practice

Dear my host family,

Hello. It is nice to know you. My name is Jam. I am a second-year student of KGU in Japan and majoring in English. This time I made an application for a homestay in order to learn not only English but also about the culture and people. Thank you for assenting to my homestay. I really appreciate your kindness.

I heard that there are four people in your family. There are three in my family, and I am an only child, so I am very glad to hear that you have two daughters. You also have three dogs, don't you? I love dogs, and I have a dachshund too. I am looking forward to seeing you and your family.

I do not have allergies to animal hair and food. My only allergy is to dust, but it sometimes comes out in the process of getting accustomed to new surroundings, so please don't worry so much. Except for that, I am in good health.

I also heard that you keep a farm. Would you take me to your farm? I have experiences of helping in domesticating cattle and hogs and working in the fields. I will be glad If I can lend a hand.

Would you mind if I used the kitchen? Please let me make Japanese dishes once a week. Are "miso"(Japanese soybean paste) and "syouyu"(soy sauce) available in your town? If not, I will bring them. Please tell me if there is any particular Japanese food that you would like to try.

Although this is my intimate affairs, my father loves travels and he says he wants to come by your town during my stay at this opportunity. When he visits your town, would you mind seeing him?

Please let me know daily routines of your family and the rough schedule for six weeks if possible. If you would write me about what points I should be careful, it will be very helpful for me.

I will appreciate hearing from you soon.

I am really looking forward to seeing and staying with you all.

Sincerely,
Jam


[356 words]

2 comments:

Chi-ka- said...

Hi, Jam.
Your letter was nice.
I knew about yourself.
But,how about expanding the question?

yuji said...

Talking about allergy and Japanese are interesting.

What is your hobby?

Nothing. Almost perfect.