Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Diary 1: Tue, August 19th

In the plane to LA,

Hello, everyone. Now, I'm in a plane and going to leave for Los Angeles from Narita airport. It wasn't the good weather, so my parents and I got so concerned about the flight from Kumamoto to Tokyo until the time for leaving. My mother saw me off at the airport. I really did not want to leave her, although I am a little ashamed about that. I promised that I will try to have various experiences. However, I can't believe it that I am in the airplane by myself. Any way, I have been saying to myself that I must try to make a progress in some aspects, so that I can see my parents with a great smile after this stay. I mean by "some aspects"... I have never been to go abroad without my family or friends, so this trip and stay by myself is a precious experience to me. Of course, I'll try to make a progress in English. I really appreciate their love and trust to me.

Today's notice

In California, the ultraviolet rays are so strong. I had heard that it is about 3 or 4 times as strong as that of Fukuoka. That's right. When I was in my host mother's car, I felt a high heat on my legs, though I was wearing a long jeans! I tan easily even in Japan, so I bet that I must be brown from the California's sun by the time I get back to Japan.

[262 words]

No comments: