Friday, August 1, 2008

BR2-01: The Joke Machine

I already have read some books this summer vacation. First one was "The Joke Machine".

The children were telling jokes. Most of their jokes were difficult for me, so I realized again that I need to polish my English sense. At first, they thought of washing cars and a toy sale in order to get some money, but finally they thought of a joke machine. They 'wrote jokes on slips of paper and then put them in a box. The box is the joke machine. People pay for jokes.' The words on advertisements were "A laugh does you good. Do good with a laugh." One joke was sold at 50 pence. The mayor loved their joke machine, and bought all their jokes. She paid 2 pounds for each one!

"A laugh does you good." I think it is right. A smile and laugh are good for everyone.

[147 words]

No comments: