Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My last essay for the test!

The writing class was one of the require subjects this year too. In this class, we were to set up our own blog. It was the first time that I had my own blog. That meant that we had to keep blogging and post on it. We are also required to write some essays and book reviews every week. That was a little tough, because all I had to do was not only writing.

I had expected that I could improve my skills in English grammar and choosing proper words. Last year, my writing teacher gave me advice about grammar and how to express and choose words. However, with this year’s method, I could seldom receive advice from the tutor, so I felt sorry about that. I think, however, this year’s writing class helped me to be independent. Besides, I could get used to using a computer. This is one of good points, I think.

I could learn the importance of planning by myself. It was because we had a norm about the number of word counts. If I had not planed, I would have trouble at the last minute in each semester. I needed to post various stories regularly. I also came to know pleasure of writing and sharing the information with others about my everyday life, vacation, school, classes, friends, exercise, family and foods. I learned how to organize an essay, and it helped me to think in a logical way. I think I am better at typing now, and it must be useful for me in the future.

Finally, I would like to refer to my plans. I still think that we need to study grammar systematically, if we want to make progress in English grammar. Of course, now that is difficult for each of us. However, I would like to be cautious about my speaking and writing from a grammatical view too. I will probably go abroad and stay in other countries again. When I talk to foreigners, I can ask them to correct my English.

I thank the tutors who thought of the plan of our blogging for our writing classes. I felt it was tough class, but I hope what I learn in this class will benefit me. Our writing class and all of required class for 4 English skills end. I will do my best to cultivate my English skills by myself. I will plan about my studies of next year from now on. Thank you very much!


[417 words]
Total here = 1219 words

No comments: