Wednesday, December 17, 2008

BR2-13: The Barcelona Game

I read "The Barcelona Game". Its story was a little longer than other stories that I usually read.

The heroine is a English girl named Holly. She wears glasses and seems to be serious. She loves reading books. She is still 12 years old and has two older brothers, Trev. and Kev, and they are twins. They are really active guys and contrastive to Holly. One day, one of them got the tickets for the Barcelona Game. It is a famous football game. He had three tickets. Kev., Trev. and their father were planning to go to see the game and bought three tickets for an airplane. However, their father could not go with them because of a sick. They decided to take Holly with them.

Before the game, they had a lot of time. They enjoyed the rides in a kind of amusement park until a time. On the other hand, Holly decided to stay at a cafe and read a book about Barcelona until then. She imagined the sights of Barcelona and hoped she could see it. Then, she noticed a man who was sitting at the table next to her took her bag away. His bag was left instead. He made a mistake, because his bag is same as hers. She became pale, because the passports of two brothers and her were in her lost bag!

At last, she could reach the man and exchange their bags. It was because of a kind Spanish boy named Paul. He looked her be in trouble and gave her a ride on his motor bike. He ran in high speed in the town of Barcelona. It was great time for her, now that she could see every sights that she saw in the photo book. Besides, she could be in time of promise with her brothers. They did never know she had a more exciting time than them.

It was so exciting story! I felt the speed of Paul's bike and the winds in Barcelona. I can imagine the sight of there with old history. I thought Holly had a great experience. I had been to Barcelona, when I was about 11 years old. I remember the memories. I think that she took the good choice. Traveling in other countries are really interesting and a lot of fun. I love to see the famous, but especially normal sights in the counties!

I notice the number of book reviews that I have posted on this blog is not enough. Today, I came to know we need 18 book reviews! What an emergency! I will try hard to read more books and post the review!

[444 words]

No comments: